About The Courses
The Service Transition (ST) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle work stream. This module focuses on the process and practice elements and management techniques required to build, test and implement products and services. It also demonstrates how service transition can apply to other stages of the IT Service life-cycle and can underpin decisions during the Strategy and Operations phases.
The ST module will teach you how to plan and manage the move into initial operation for the new or revised resources created during the Service Strategy and Service Design stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle. In addition to providing guidance on techniques for organizing and managing the transition, the qualification also covers management of technology considerations and challenges and risks.
The techniques taught in the ST module can help organizations and individuals better understand and manage changes to IT services in line with users’ expectations and business strategy. Service transition is vital for flexibly managing changes and delivering improvement to services provided by organizations or programs of work.
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Transition principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all Service Transition processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Transition processes
- The roles and responsibilities within Service Transition and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Service Transition performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Transition
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Transition
ITIL Credit System
Under the ITIL Credit System, you must earn a number of credits from each ITIL qualification to progress to the next level within the ITIL scheme. The ST module is worth three credits towards the minimum of 17 required to progress to the Managing across the Lifecycle module, which is the final step before the ITIL Expert Level.
Who Should Attend?
- Chief information officers (CIOs)
- Chief technology officers (CTOs)
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- IT architects
- IT planners
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Configuration Manager
- Change Manager
Service Transition Examination
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
ITIL Intermediate Service Transition
- Price: Free
- Certificates: Yes
- Students: 0
- Lesson: 0